I was so tremendously good yesterday! I am very proud of myself. I have also been re-reading parts of Eat to Live just to remind myself all the eating rules, and why it's so important to stop eating junk. It's always good to remember that raw sugar increases insulin and increases my body's desire to retain fat when insulin is raised. I was also working on a research project, which always makes me want to snack while I look things up and write about them, but I ate grapes and tangerines and other healthy foods instead, which I am really proud of. I've found that baby carrots, celery (if you can stand it without adding something to it), grapes, cut up apples, and other similar foods can be GREAT snacks. I've found that I like to crunch on things, and also enjoy eating things that I can just pick up and snack on.
Phew! Made it through day two. And I'm dying to weigh myself now that I've had a couple of days without salt, and see if any of the weight I saw on the scale last Sunday was salt-related water weight, but I'm going to make myself wait. If I start weighing myself more than once a week, I start obsessively weighing myself trying to anticipate loss, and then just drive myself crazy. It's not worth it!
Anyway, here's the round up:
Day Two (40 left): February 2, 2010
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries for breakfast with an orange.
Snack at work: banana
Lunch: spinach, romaine, and other greens salad with baby carrots and balsamic vinegar; granny smith apple
Snack(s) at home: Tangerines, banana, grapes, apple, probably more fruit in there somewhere; one handful of raw cashews. yum!
Dinner: Green salad with raspberry/balsamic vinegar spray dressing thing, there may have been another tangerine in there somewhere.
The only thing I did do against the plan was skip cooked green veggies. Personally, I'm not a big fan of them and their taste, and I hate hate hate cooking. It's going to take some work, but if anyone is reading this and has some good vegan, no salt, no butter, no oil, no sugar (basically veggies and spices and vinegar, etc) recipes, I would really appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment