So I woke up, remembered that I had to weigh myself (thank you green post-it!), and I'm...144 lbs. I half-pound UP from last week!!!!!! I was horrified, remembered what I'd eaten the day before, and completely disgusted with myself. I also had my period that week, which was still going on, so I dearly and sincerely hope that some of that weight was girly bloating weight. God save me and my horrible eating! Needless to say, today (the next day), I brought my Eat to LIve to my first day of work since my vacation (went quite well!), and am getting back on track.
Dr. Fuhrman says that if you have a bad day, all you have to do is keep strong for the rest of the days and all the bad eating from one day will be obliterated by the good eating you guiltily do after that. I still have a month left of the plan, so I think if I can just stay strong, and stop finding excuses to eat badly, then I should be fine. Just like going to Arizona, the flying part was the worst part. I'll have to work on that and find a solution, but since I see no travel in my future for the rest of the Six-Week Plan, I'm not going to worry about it right now.
Anyway, I felt fine, at least, for the first half of the day, and met up with a friend, but around 1:30pm I started to feel pretty awful, and I blame the cashews. Mostly because even when I think about them, I start to feel sick again. No more nuts for this girlie! I'm definitely not eating them again for a while. Anyway, I had lots of saltines (bad! again!) and later had some soup and stuff, and today I feel fine. It's hard when you know what foods will make you feel better, but you don't want to give up on your plan just for a bit of stomach problem.
Here's the eats:
Breakfast: orange and apple (a big one!)
Snack: saltines--to be honest, and entire sleeve of "hint of salt" low-sodium saltines, which I'm glad they weren't just 100% salt, but is still very processed, and very, very bad. but it made my stomach feel better, so I can't regret it.
Lunch: read above. I'm ashamed.
Dinner: organic vegetable soup and pita bread. Both of these weren't exactly the best for me--the soup had some pasta in it, which felt great in my stomach, and the pita bread was even more carbs but again felt very, very good. I won't regret eating something that made me feel better when I was feeling very, very sick, but I also wish that there was another way around it that gave me perhaps some better nutrition.
So that's that, and I can't take it back. It was two days of completely awful, but don't worry--I'll remember that. I felt HORRIBLE yesterday, my stomach was aching and I felt very, very sick but I really do think it was a lack of greens and surplus of nuts. Ugh--it makes me feel ill just thinking about them. But now I'm going to the grocery store, getting back on the plan, maybe even finding some good recipes for the next few days, and hopefully going to healthy-eat my way out of the hole. And feel better! I still feel a bit gross....
Send along some healing thoughts so I can have a LOSS on the scale for next Sunday!
Thanks....
No comments:
Post a Comment