Yesterday was a tough day for me. I got to see an old friend of mine, which honestly got me through the rest of it, and then I had a long evening meeting that took a lot out of me. But I'm very proud of myself, because I stuck to my guns despite my precarious mood, and did very well at it! No cheating, no binging because of a hard day, nothing. Go me! And good LORD does it feel good.
I'm starting to get to that point, now that I'm writing this and at the beginning of Day Four, where I really feel the energy from my healthy eating taking over, and I start to look forward to an exhausting workout. There are funny little things that happen when I go on this plan: my digestion is amazing, I get really great skin, and I have an even larger excess of energy--and I'm already an exceedingly energetic person. That usually means for me that I really need to workout or something every day, or else I just start going nuts with all the energy that is contained within me yet never released. Definitely a workout day today, I am telling you. And I love that I actually want to workout! Exciting.
Ok--the tally:
Wednesday, February 4, 2010:
Breakfast: usual berries and orange, a glass of water in there somewhere
Snack at work: small banana, tangerine
Lunch: Salad from salad bar with mixed greens (spinach, romaine, etc), carrots, beets (which may have had sodium as they may have been canned :/), chickpeas, and balsamic vinegar; apple.
Snack at home: tangerine. I also later danced to disco music as exercise. Man I love disco...
Dinner: Orange and Jicama salad with an orange vinaigrette dressing.
I may have gone a little too much on the dressing side, and again I didn't have cooked veggies, but it was a restaurant situation. I still feel proud of myself, and think I'm doing a pretty good job. I'm also starting to feel the effects of my diet, so I really hope that I can keep on it.
Tomorrow I'm going on vacation with my family to Arizona, which is always an excuse to eat badly and then decide to eat healthfully. I just hope that I don't give in to all the things there: good desserts at new restaurants, concessions at the movies, frozen yogurt just because it's actually warm enough to eat it there....there's so much! But I will resist, and think of this blog, and how I don't want to lie about it.
Keep me strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment