Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 8, 34 to go

Well, on this morning I finally remembered to weigh myself. Because of the oil and salt that I've gotten from salad dressings, and perhaps the sauce from that Dr. Weil restaurant's (True Foods in Phoenix) teriyaki bowl, I knew that I might not have lost as much weight as I would have wanted to, but I've done my best.
Anyway, I weighed myself and I weigh 143.5, which is 3 lbs less than last Sunday. I'm actually really excited about this, because I calculated, and if I only lose 3 lbs a week, I actually lose 18 lbs over the six weeks of the plan. If I can get it together and lose 4 lbs for 3 of the six weeks, I lose 21 lbs. Not bad! I've always wanted to be in the low 130s, and if at all possible below 130, and this would definitely get me there! So as long as I keep this up for the next five weeks, I should be good. I'm excited about this!

And now for the final countdown:
Monday, February 8, 2010:
Breakfast: berries and orange
Snack: none
Lunch: mixed greens salad with cut pears and an unfortunately slathered dressing, but it was a vinaigrette. As usual, no beans or tofu, and it simply wasn't big enough. I was still hungry when we left. I need greens, people!
Snack: baby carrots from home throughout the day.
Dinner: another salad from a mexican restaurant that was ridiculously tiny. What is with these people and their greens? are they having a shortage back there? It was also in one of those taco shell things, which was hard for me to not eat, but I didn't and am very proud of myself. Because it was so small, however, I needed...
Dinner part two: Baked Potato (maybe bigger than I need, but I was hungry), spinach and lots and lots and lots of chickpeas. Fun! After that, plus an apple, I was finally full. I also had a handful of roasted peanuts, which I regret since I'd had olive oil that day, obviously, but the package said it had 0 mg of Sodium, and I believed it. I was very, very, very hungry.

I do really beat myself up for my mistakes and my missteps from Fuhrman's plan, as I do really want to stay true to his plan and see if it makes a difference. At the same time, I do think that if I have say a vinaigrette salad dressing that has olive oil in it and some salt, which isn't the end of the world (esp if I remember to skip the nuts), then I'm not tempted to have say the tortilla chips that are on the table, even though I'm starving and dying for food. I've already cheated once today, and I don't need to do it again. It keeps me honest, and keeps me from eating the really, really bad things even when I can feel that clawing hunger in the pit of my stomach.

That's my theory anyway, and now I'm done updating my diet until tomorrow, when hopefully I'll remember to write what I ate today!

My love to anyone who reads this...

No comments:

Post a Comment