I am using you. I am using all of you.
Approximately one year ago I read the book "Eat To Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I gave up meat and dairy, I ate nothing but veggies, fruit, limited whole grains, and raw nuts. He insisted that I eat this diet for six weeks, and I was utterly successful.
For four weeks.
So, a yo-yo year later, I am trying again, determined to be triumphant. And you are going to help me! My probably nonexistent readers are going to keep me faithful, and I hope I won't disappoint you. And so it begins. Dr. Fuhrman tells us that eating processed foods, refined carbs, packaged foods, meat and dairy products, etc etc are all killing us. Given the research he put into his book and his medical practice, I believe him.
A recount of my food follows.
Yesterday, Friday, January 29, 2009:
I pigged out, like those horrendous people you see at fast food places and wonder how they live with themselves eating like that. I ate horribly, and I regret it. Sometimes I find it easier, in a way, to simply let myself eat everything I've wanted to, in one swift, deft move of unbelievably gluttony, and feel the full weight--in the stomach, no less--of my regret. I felt it. But it will give me good taste memories in the days and weeks to come. It was, I am happy to say, the last day of my poisonous eating.
Today, Saturday, January 30, 2009:
I had fruit for breakfast, exercised at the gym--where the step machine got me to climb a pyramid in Egypt!--and had salad with beets, carrots, garbanzo beans, and balsamic vinegar. My mother cooked me a baked potato, and I ate the inside. Later this evening, I had some grapes and was inspired to write this blog.
More tomorrow, when I plan to weigh myself. God help me.
And please, in the name of all that is Holy, don't forgive me if I eat chocolate. It's all downhill from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment